Pada postingan kali ini, kami akan membagikan contoh soal bahasa dan sastra inggris lintas minat kelas 12 SMA/MA/SMK.
Seperti yang kalian ketahui, selain mempelajari mata pelajaran Bahasa Inggris, siswa sma juga diberikan pelajaran lintas minat yakni sastra inggris.
Nah, setelah sebelumnya kami mengunggah Soal Ujian Sekolah Bahasa Inggris Lintas Minat paket B, pada hari yang baik ini kami akan memgupload soal ujian sekolah mata pelajaran Bahasa dan Sastra Inggris atau Bahasa Inggris Lintas Minat paket C.
Tujuan diunggahnya soal paket ini, tidak lain hanyalah untuk membantu kawan-kawan semuanya untuk belajar dan sebagai bank soal yang bisa kawan-kawan kunjungi di lain waktu.
Adapun kunci jawaban dari soal-soal ini terletak setelah soal terakhir, jadi lebih baik silakan berlatih dulu baru kemudian cocokkan jawaban kalian pada kunci jawaban di bawah atau akhir soal.
Untuk selengkapnya, silakan perhatikan artikel di bawah ini.
PETUNJUK UMUM :baca juga:
1. Isikan identitas Anda ke dalam Lembar Jawaban Komputer (LJK) yang tersedia dengan menggunakan pensil 2B, sesuai petunjuk di Lembar Jawaban Komputer (LJK).
Tersedia waktu 120 menit untuk mengerjakan paket tes tersebut.
3. Jumlah soal sebanyak 40 butir pilihan ganda, pada setiap butir soal terdapat 5 (lima) pilihan jawaban dan 5 butir soal uraian.
4. Periksa dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum Anda menjawabnya.
5. Laporkan kepada pengawas ujian apabila terdapat lembar soal yang kurang jelas, rusak atau tidak lengkap.
6. Mintalah kertas buram kepada pengawas ujian, bila diperlukan.
7. Tidak diizinkan menggunakan kalkulator, HP, tabel matematika,atau alat bantu hitung lainnya .
8. Periksalah pekerjaan Anda sebelum diserahkan kepada pengawas ujian.
PETUNJUK KHUSUS :
1. Pilihlah salah satu jawaban yang paling tepat pada soal pilihan ganda, dengan menghitamkan (•) pada A, B, C, D, atau E pada lembar jawaban yang tersedia!
2. Jawablah dengan tepat soal uraian pada lembar jawab uraian.
A. PILIHAN GANDA
The form is for question no. 1-2
1. What is the text about?
A. Special subscription offer
B. Kencana Sari Batik
Top Brand Award
D. Woman’s liberty
E. Batik Designer
2. Why did Miss Wati complete this form?
A. To enroll in a design course
B. To subscribe a magazine
C. To apply for a designer
D. To send a magazine
E. To win an award
The ad is for question no. 3-4
A. To persuade the readers to like music
B. To promote an event of art and music
C. To tell the process of making art works.
D. To inform the sponsor of a music event
E. To describe the meaning of art and music.
4. Which of the sentences below is True according to the text above?
A. The event is only aimed for students or teenagers.
B. The event lasts all day and involves public figures.
C. The event enables the guest to have dinner on the spot.
D. The event highlights art work more than the musical one.
E. The event highlights musical much more than the art one.
The text is for question no. 5 - 7
WhatsApp Messenger is a freeware, cross-platform instant messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service. The application allows the sending of text messages and voice calls, as well as video calls, images and other media, documents, and user location. The application runs from a mobile device though it is also accessible from desktop computers; the service uses standard cellular mobile numbers. Originally users could only communicate with other users individually or in groups of individual users, but in September 2017 WhatsApp announced a forthcoming business platform which will enable companies to provide customer service to users at scale.
5. The text discusses about ….
A. The function of WhatsApp Messenger
B. The issue of using WhatsApp Messanger
C. The danger of using WhatsApp Messanger
D. The different types of WhatsApp Messanger
E. The controvercy of using WhatsApp Messanger
6. From the text we know that … will enable companies to provide customer service to users at scale.
A. forthcoming business platform
B. WhatsApp Manager
D. Individual users
E. Voice over IP
7. WhatsApp Messenger ________ allows the sending of text messages and voice calls, as well as video calls, images and other media, documents, and user location is a freeware ,cross-platform instant messaging and Voice over IP (VoIP) service.
The best option to complete the sentence is ….
A. Artist and piano
B. Writer and book
C. Teacher and student
D. Parents and children
E. Cheating student and smart student
9. Which proverb best matches the text above?
A. It’s easy to hate what you cannot have.
B. Lend your money and lose a friend
C. Learn to walk before you run
D. A cat may look at a king
E. Knowledge is power
The text is for questions 10 to 11
The old home town looks the same
As I step down from the train,
And there to meet me is my Mama and Papa.
Down the road I look and there runs Mary
Hair of gold and lips like cherries.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.
Yes, they'll all come to meet me, arms reaching, smiling sweetly.
It's good to touch the green, green grass of home.
10. The lyric tells us that ….
A. We should smile nicely
B. We should plan grass in our house
C. We should meet our parents everyday
D. We should have a nice friend like Mary
E. We will miss our sweet home town one day
11. The writer wants to tell us that it is important to ….
A. stay in a railway station
B. meet the loved persons
C. play with Mary
D. hold his mama
E. see his papa
12. Ani : Bia, I have a riddle. Answer it!
Bia : A riddle? Okay.
Ani : The maker doesn’t need it; the buyer doesn’t use it. The user uses it without knowing. What is it?
Bia : hmm.
Ani : Come on Bia. Answer it!
Bia : Is it a …….?
Ani : Wow. It’s right.
What is the best response to complete the dialogue?
This text is for questions number 13 to 15.
William Shakespeare is one of the world’s greatest writers. He wrote plays for the theatre. He wrote poetry too. He was born in 1564. He grew up in Tudor England in the time of Queen Elizabeth I.
Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, in England. Later he went to London, to be an actor. But he became famous for writing plays. His friends said he was the best writer of his time. Most people now say he was the best of all time.
Shakespeare lived more than 400 years ago. Yet people still go to see his plays.
Shakespeare plays are performed all over the world. Students study Shakespeare in school and at university. People writes books about Shakespeare. There are Shakespeare theatres and Shakespeare festivals.
He lived in exciting times. Francis Drake sailed around the world (1577-1580). Shakespeare was probably in London when the Spanish Armada sailed to attack England in 1588. He saw the coronation of King James I in 1603. 1605 was the year of the Gunpowder Plot and Guy Fawkes. Shakespeare died in 1616.
13. Why did people praise William Shakespeare?
A. He helped Spanish Armada to attack England.
B. He moved to London to become an actor.
C. He attended King James’ coronation.
D. He was a friend of Francis Drake.
E. He was the best writer of all time.
14. What can be inferred from the text?
A. Students studied Shakespeare’s plays to honour him as national actor.
B. King James I helped William Shakespeare to become famous.
C. Spanish Armada attacked England for its greatest writer.
D. Queen Elizabeth I was as the same ages as Shakespeare.
E. William Shakespeare was well known as a play writer.
15. “Shakespeare lived more than 400 years ago. Yet people still go to see his plays.”
The underlined word is closest in meaning to….
A. to show
B. to care
C. to find
D. to watch
E. to like
The text below is for no. 16-18. Fill in the blanks with the correct words!
It ____(16)___ (be) Tuesday evening and I was getting ready to go to bed when the phone rang. To my surprise it was my friend Peter. He was calling from his mobile and he was very annoyed because he ____(17)____ (lose) his keys and he couldn’t get into his flat. He thought he had left them at work but now it was midnight and the office was closed so he couldn’t get in to check. Luckily I had the keys to his flat because a month before he had given me a spare set so that I could look after his cat while he was on holiday. When he finally arrived to pick them up, it was three o'clock in the morning, and I ___(18)____ (lie) on the sofa fast asleep.
E. had been
C. was losing
D. were losing
E. had lost
C. was lying
D. were lying
E. had lied
This text is for questions number 19 to 21.
As we know there is so much water in the world. There are many kinds of water that we can consume every day all time.
Consuming water can be made as therapy of disease, because water that we consume with enough amounts and the right method can purify of poisons in our body. The therapy of water can save water availability in the body.
Therapy of water can keep the beauty too. Skins is the out part of the body that has contact with dirty air, sun light and pollutions. To keep the skin elasticity, water is needed in the enough amounts. Water can dampen of skin until not easy to dry and make crimp.
To keep the balancing of size body, water is needed. In fact, water can increase the metabolism and pressing of eat desire. Consume a lot of water can filtrate much calories.
So, let’s consume water everyday at least eight glasses to keep our health and beauty. But, the water must be clean and hygiene. Find, buy and consume the best mineral water!
19. How can water protect us from illness?
A. It cleanses poisons in our body.
B. It cures the disease in seconds.
C. It dampen the skin on the body.
D. It absorbs poison from the blood.
E. It stores enough liquid for the body.
20. What can we conclude from the text?
A. By cooking our water, we can keep our beauty.
B. By having mineral water, we will keep our health.
C. By consuming enough water, we can clean our blood.
D. By consuming a lot of water, we can increase desire to eat.
E. By drinking enough water, we can be healthy and beautiful.
21. Drinking enough amount of water will ... the skin to prevent wrinkles.
The text below is for no. 22-23
Why They Call Me Woman
by Ivana Mary P.
I am a necklace,
gives something plain
I am a ring,
sticks round your finger
without you even realizing
I am there
I am a pair of high heels,
could lift you up,
while at the same time make you ache
I am a perfume,
fragrant and prominent
to cover your horrible scent
I am not a perfect human,
can be kind, can be mean.
But yes, I am a woman.
22. What is the topic of the poem above?
D. Daily needs
E. Luxury items
23. The underlined word “prominent” has the same meaning to….
The text is for questions no. 24 - 25
Living in a city has both advantages and disadvantages. On the plus side, it is often easier to find work, and there is usually a choice of public transport, so you don’t need to own a car. Also, there are a lot of interesting things to do and places to see. What is more, when you want to relax, you can usually find a park where you can feed the ducks or just sit on a park bench and read a book. All in all, city life is full of bustle and variety and you never feel bored.
However, for every plus there is a minus. For one thing, you might have a job, but unless it is well-paid, you will not be able to afford many of the things that there are to do, because living in a city is often very expensive. It is particularly difficult to find good and cheap accommodation. What is more, public transport is sometimes crowded and dirty; particularly in the rush hour, and even the parks can become very crowded, especially on Sundays when it seems that every city- dweller is looking for some open space and green grass.
It is obvious that living in a city has been a great deal of discussion. On the one hand, people might have a job easily, but on the other hand, they miss many good sides of a healthy life.
24. The text tells us about ….
A. the effects of living in a big city
B. the advantages of living in a city
C. the controversy of living in a city
D. the disadvantages of living in a city
E. some negative sides of living in a city
25. According to the text, we can conclude that the writer is ….
A. Not taking sides
B. Taking ideal sides
C. Taking good sides
D. Taking positive sides
E. Taking negative sides
This text is for questions no. 26 - 27
26. What is the purpose of the text?
A. to present an opinion from different point of view.
B. to critique an art work for a public audience.
C. to explain about the story of the film.
D. to inform the reader about the film.
E. to evaluate the writer’s opinion.
27. What does the opinion of the writer about the film?
A. The scary movie in Conjuring 2 is so different with The Exorcist movie.
B. There are so many eastenders sceptic paradox in a whole of this film.
C. The Conjuring 2 comes up the clickety-clack during the film.
D. The sound effect of this movie is such slightly deaf and dull.
E. The Conjuring 2 is not very sufficient scary movie version.
This text is for no. 28-29
28. What is the purpose of the text?
to inform about deals for Facebook fans.
B. to retell a story about inviting more friends to dinner.
C. to persuade the readers that people should buy pizza.
D. to inform the readers about topping off their online order.
E. to give a message about ordering pizza hut Canada online.
29. Which one is True according to the text above?
A. The deals are for all customers.
B. The deals are for Facebook users.
C. The deals gives discount for the customer
D. There are more deals for offline customers.
E. The text tells us the menu for Facebook fans.
The text is for questions 30 and 31
There are several positive and negative impacts of the Internet on education. One of the positive impacts of the Internet on education is that when you are curious about something. You can find out the information you need. Immediately from the Internet to satisfy your “hunger for learning”. If you are curious about the ants in your backyard, or if you want to know more about dinosaurs or any other prehistoric animals, there is an abundance of information at your fingertips and you can improve your knowledge.
On the other hand, some would argue that the Internet degrades the quality of research, throwing people into areas where the answers they find are low-quality guesses, at best. Since the Internet allows anyone to publish any kind of information, finding high quality information is sometimes difficult. The Internet can also be a huge distraction, like many other things that distract us from serious research.
30. What is the purpose of writing the text?
A. To tell readers how to study by using internet
B. To explain the advantages of studying by internet
C. To assure the importance of internet on education
D. To present points of views about internet on education
E. To describe the positive sides of using internet on education.
31. How does the writer compare the first and the second paragraphs?
A. The fist paragraph supports the use of Internet on education.
B. Both paragraphs argue that Internet has positive impact on education.
C. Unlike the first paragraph, the second one argues that Internet has bad impacts on education.
D. The first paragraph and the second paragraph argue that Internet is necessary on education.
E. All paragraphs do not say anything about the impacts of using Internet on education
This leaflet is for questions no 32 to 33
32. The leaflet informs us about….
A. Food and Beverages classes
B. Culinary competition
C. Cake competition
D. Food exhibition
E. Master demos
33. From the text, we can conclude that…
A. This event is held for six hours.
B. There are two classes in the event.
C. This shop is closed in the weekend
D. There are three competitions in the event.
E. Apley is a warehouse of the farm product.
The text below is for no. 34-36. Fill in the blanks with the correct words!
C. is used
D. are used
E. has used
A. are called
B. is called
C. has called
B. is improved
C. is improving
D. has improved
E. was improved
This text is for questions number 37 - 41.
123 Alphabet Drive
Los Angeles, California 90002
15 November 2017
Ms. Jennifer Luke
Supervisor of Product Development
Pet Supply Provider, Inc.
472 Canine Road
Los Angeles, California 90002
Dear Ms. Luke:
It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference last week. As we discussed, I sincerely believe that the widget gizmo produced by Company, Inc. can greatly streamline your production process. If you are still willing, I would like to bring some of the key members of my team along with me to meet with you at Pet Supply Provider, Inc. We would like to give you an overview of our services and discuss with you the best plan to suit your needs.
Meeting in person would allow us to fully evaluate your wants and needs. Our team is available to meet at time this week or next. Please let me know, at your earliest convenience, when you would be available.
37. What is the topic of the text?
A. Evaluating the need of new widgets.
B. Fulfilling the lack of production team.
C. Promoting the product of the company.
D. Giving overview about Company, Inc.
E. Discussing the product of Pet Supply Provider.
38. Why Mr. Williams and his team suggest Ms. Luke to meet personally?
A. to value her company’s best demand
B. to increase her company’s profile
C. to satisfy their company’s effort
D. to evaluate their team correctly
E. to gather her team properly
39. What can we infer from the text?
A. Mr. Williams wants to meet Ms. Luke to offer his company’s service.
B. Mr. Williams schedules the meeting with Ms. Luke next week at her office.
C. Mr. William trains Ms. Luke’s team to increase the production of her company.
D. Mr. Williams shows Ms. Luke an overview of his company’s production process.
E. Mr. Williams conducts a meeting with Ms. Luke to streamline the company’s production.
40. “We would like to give you an overview of our services and discuss with you the best plan to suit your needs”. What is the underlined word similar to?
41. Based on the above letter, where did Mr. Williams and Ms. Luke meet initially?
This text is for questions no 42 to 43
42. Based on the above text, complete the following table dealing with the generic structure of review text and its parts!
A Tale of Two Cities (published in 1859) is….
a. Charles Darnay is so ___________________that _______________________
b. Sydney Carton is such __________________that _______________________
44. What is the best arrangement for this jumbled paragraph?
- He left Bukittinggi to study in Batavia. Then he went to the Netherlands. He studied economics and gained a doctorate degree there. During his stay there he was active in the national Movement. Because of his activities, he was arrested.
- When the Japanese surrendered in August 1945, Soekarno and hatta proclaimed Indonesia’s Independence. Hatta became the first vice-president of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Nowadays, he is no longer living among us. However, his spirit of loving the country and nation is one of the reason why he is well remembered.
- In 1956 Hatta resigned as vice-president and devoted himself to writing. On march 14, 1981, dr. mohammad Hatta passed away in Jakarta.
- Dr. Mohammad Hatta was born in Bukittinggi on August 12th, 1902. While still in junior high school in Bukittinggi, he became interested in politics and joined the League of Young Sumatrans.
- In 1923 Hatta returned to Indonesia. He joined a political organization called “Pendidikan Nasional Indonesia”. One of its goals was to develop political awareness among the Indonesian people. His activities again led to his arrest. The colonial government exiled him to Boven Digul, and later to Banda Naira. Shortly before the Japanese invasion. He was brought back to Java.
- Every year has its great men and women who are remembered for what they have done for their country. One of Indonesia’s great men is Dr. Mohammad Hatta. He was a man with a deep love for his country and people.
45. Write the recommendation to complete the following text!
Kunci Jawaban Soal Bahasa & Sastra Inggris Peminatan/Linat Paket 3
A. Pilihan ganda
41. Mr. Williams and Ms. Luke met at the conference initially.
A Tale of Two Cities (published in 1859) is one of the greatest novels on the French Revolution. Partly inspired by Thomas Carlyle’s French Revolution, it is a mammoth work of imagination, giving a fictional account of the events and causes leading up to that fateful summer of 1789.
The novel is set in Paris and London of the 1780-s and 1790-s. Dr. Manette is incarcerated in the Bastille for eighteen years without trial. His daughter Lucie grows up in London, thinking that she is an orphan. But her life changes when her father is released from prison. Charles Darnay is an emigrant who has left France because of his hatred for his family. Charles and Lucie fall in love and marry. But there is another person who loves Lucie with all his heart and will do anything for her sake.
The novel, though long, is very fast paced; it is a novel of incidents, each incident following close upon the last. The style, the technique, and especially the humor, are typically Dickensian. Dickens’s language can sometimes prove to be difficult, but not exceptionally so.
Sydney Carton is, and will always remain, one my most favorite characters. His genius, his selflessness, his agony, and ultimately his noble sacrifice make him stand apart from all other heroes. On the other hand, is Madame Defarge, whose name is carved in popular memory as one of the most sinister and malevolent characters in literary history.
Many people, who have never read A Tale of Two Cities, have some idea about Madame Defarge and her knitting register. When I first read this novel I was too young to understand the language, but I was profoundly moved. I read it again recently- the magic hasn't worn off.
b. Sydney Carton is such a genius, selfless and agonized character that he stands apart from other heroes
(and any possible answers)
44. 7, 5, 1, 6, 2, 4, 3
45. Therefore, the government must be urged to keep the safety factor of pesticides paramount in their thinking. Children are so much more sensitive than adults to the toxic effects of chemicals.